Tax Avoidance Strategies
Lawyer in Modesto, California
Experienced Advice in Tax Avoidance Strategies
The Thomas Hogan Law Office works closely with businesses that seek to use strategies available under state and federal tax laws to minimize employment tax liability. He also works with individuals and businesses that face significant tax bills, helping them find ways to minimize or avoid liability. A Certified Public Accountant with an MBA, Mr. Hogan brings over 25 years of practice experience to his clients. Contact the Thomas Hogan Law Office to schedule a free fifteen-minute consultation.
Planning for Tax Avoidance
Attorney Hogan advises businesses regarding strategies to minimize tax obligations before they occur, including the use of leased employees and independent contractors to avoid employment taxes. He will carefully review the proposed responsibilities of workers and make recommendations that will help you minimize IRS or treasury scrutiny. He will also negotiate, review or prepare any contracts governing leased workers or independent contractors.
Mr. Hogan will work closely with you during the startup phase of your business, helping you choose the legal entity that meets your objectives. He will help you understand the tax implications of partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies, so that you can effectively manage your tax liability.
Strategies for Avoiding Imposed Tax Liability
If the IRS or any other taxing authority has sent you a tax bill, Attorney Hogan can help you manage your liability using a variety of tools and techniques, including:
* An offer in compromise: An offer in compromise may allow you to settle a tax debt for pennies on the dollar. To learn more, see the firm’s offer in compromise page.
* A bankruptcy filing, if appropriate: In some situations, you may be able to manage a tax bill by filing for protection under federal bankruptcy laws. Mr. Hogan will review the facts and circumstances surrounding your case and advise you as to whether bankruptcy is an option.
* The negotiation of an installment agreement: Though an installment agreement may not reduce your tax debt, it will allow you to pay the obligation over time. Mr. Hogan understands the requirements for entering into an installment agreement and can negotiate terms that are favorable to you.
* The filing of an amended return: In some situations, you can eliminate any tax problems by filing an amended return. Mr. Hogan will advise you whether this is an option and will help you prepare and file the return, if appropriate.
* The filing of a tax appeal: If you have been unfairly or incorrectly assessed with a tax liability, Attorney Hogan will handle all matters necessary to appeal the assessment.
For tax avoidance advice from an experienced tax lawyer in Modesto and the surrounding communities, contact the Thomas Hogan Law Office to schedule a free fifteen-minute consultation. Mr. Hogan’s office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am until 5:30 pm. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. The firm accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Se habla espanol. Spanish language services are available.