Once you have taken the decision to file for divorce, you must understand how the process works. A divorce is essentially adversarial in nature – one spouse fighting the other. This section has articles and resources that can help you navigate the divorce process smoothly and covers topics like no fault divorce, service of the petition, divorce mediation, alimony & child support, child custody and much more. Click on the links to know more:
- Where to File for Divorce : In this section, you’ll find a number of considerations to keep in mind when determining where to file.
- Eligibility for Summary Divorce : Learn about the advantages of summary divorce and the eligibility requirements involved.
- Filing and Serving the Divorce Petition : This section provides information on the process and requirements of serving divorce papers, including where to file the petition and how to serve it.
- Answering the Divorce Petition : Learn about what the answer should contain and the consequences of failing to respond to divorce papers.
- Divorce Residency Requirements FAQ : Answers to frequently asked questions on residency and domicile, out-of-state divorces, and the effect of residency on child custody determinations, including a listing of durational residency requirements by state.
- Settlement Agreements and Court Approval : This section provides information on settlement agreements, partial settlement, the advantages of settling, and court approval.