When a family or household member commits a violent act against another member of the family or household, it is referred to as domestic violence. This section contains information about the domestic violence including the legal history of domestic violence, stalking, workplace issues, harassment and much more. Please click on the links to know more:
- What Is Domestic Violence? : In this section, you’ll find definitions of domestic violence and dating violence, examples of abusive behavior, and a number of helpful resources for victims.
- Domestic Violence: Background : Learn about how police have historically dealt with domestic violence and the changes that have been made to better address cases of abuse and protect the victims.
- Filing a Domestic Violence Lawsuit : This section offers information on things to consider before filing a suit, how to get legal help, and more.
- Battered Women’s Syndrome : In this section, you’ll find information on the development of BWS, how to recognize it, and how it’s treated under the law.
- Firearms and Domestic Violence : Learn about how a restraining order or domestic violence conviction can affect one’s right to bear arms.
- Stalking : Learn about the types of behavior that constitute stalking, state anti-stalking laws, and much more.