Marriage is probably the most important relation in one’s life. However marriage is more than just companionship. It involves a legal relationship that gives rise to certain rights and liabilities. There are many laws that can affect your marriage including the legal validity of your marriage and what happens if you and your spouse can no longer stand one another and want to get out of the relationship. This section provides information on the various legal issues associated with marriage including who owns what, prenuptial agreements, marriage license and information on other common issues. Click on the links to know more:
- Marriage FAQs : Find the answers to your questions about marriage law.
- Marriage License Requirements : Find out why marriage licenses are important, and the requirements that couples in different states must meet before obtaining one.
- Marriage License Information by State : Scroll through this handy collection of state laws to find out what you need to do before going to get a marriage license.
- Legal Requirements for Marriage : Here are some frequently asked questions to get you started.
- Who Owns What Marital Property? : This article explains the different types of marital property arrangements.
- Can a Prenuptial Agreement Help You? : Find out whether a prenuptial agreement could be helpful to you by clearly defining property rights before you enter into marriage.