Most personal injury lawsuits are based on negligence. Negligence refers to behavior that is generally careless and is the cause of the accident or has contributed to the accident. Click on the links to know more about negligence and personal injury.
- Negligence: Background
- Negligence Case Elements
- Responsibility in a Negligence Case
- Fault: Who is to blame?
- Providing Proof in a Negligence Case
- Standards of Care and the “Reasonable Person”
- Defined Legal Duties
- The thing speaks for itself – Res Ipsa Loquitur
- Defenses to Negligence Claims
- Contributory and Comparative Negligence