Anything related to taxes is never an easy thing for most people. This is especially true when it comes to knowing specific laws and their application to most areas of a person’s life. Even marriage, divorce, custody and death of a loved one may have significant impact on a person’s tax returns.
In this section, you will find some helpful resources regarding tax laws, especially state-specific information, directories of state tax agencies and assistance resources per state, and others.
Learn About Tax Law Resources
- Glossary of Common Tax Terms : A list of most common words and phrases used, along with their definitions, in relation to income tax.
- Which Tax Form Should I Use? : A general information on the purpose and applicability of each form that are used in filing tax returns.
- Frequently Requested IRS Publications : You will find here a list and links to the most requested IRS tax forms and instructions. Click on this link to find which one you may need related to your tax return.
- Taxpayer Assistance Resources : A list of the Taxpayer Assistance Agencies in different states.
- Treasury (Tax) Regulations : This is a link to the IRS which covers the official interpretation of the IRS Code.