According to common law, you may have a chance to get reimbursement from the child’s biological father. However, you can’t use that as a leverage to get out of debt responsibilities. You should discuss this with an attorney who is an expert in family law to find out what your chances of reimbursement are and what you need to do to get it.

As for your financial situation, you may file for a modification of the spousal support order to show them that there is a change in circumstances both on your part and on your ex’s.

For your debts, if you think that you really cannot get out of debt and it has been causing you extreme hardship, you may want to consider filing for bankruptcy. Contact a bankruptcy lawyer immediately to get a more detailed advice regarding the management of your debts.