Yes, you can. For legal separation, like in dissolution, judgment could include support. Spousal support may be awarded in a final judgment upon the discretion of the court, taking into consideration certain things like the lifestyle during marriage, the capacity of the obligor to provide, the capacity of the supported spouse to earn a living, etc. While courts have a broad discretion when awarding spousal support, they follow a strict formula and guideline when awarding child support, which takes into consideration all the needs of the child. Consult with a family law attorney before filing for legal separation to ensure that you get to represent your side well, and ensure that you and your child’s rights and welfare will be protected.