That’s not true. Judges can be held responsible for their decisions, and a higher court can correct their error through the process of “appellate review.” This is what would be commonly called as the “appeal,” where

one party who is not satisfied by the judge’s decision may go to the higher court to request for a formal change in the decision. The higher court would examine the decision and order the change if they find any error.