Yes you can. Just like in divorce or annulment cases, a spouse may petition for support in a legal separation. The court will grant the amount of support upon their discretion, based on the standard of living during marriage, the length of marriage, the capacity of either spouse to provide or find a source of income, etc. Ask a family law attorney for more information and what’s necessary to include spousal support as part of the petition for legal separation.