The court may appoint counsel to represent the best interest of a child on the court’s own motion or if requested to do so by a party, the attorney for a party, the child or any relative of the child, a mediator, a custody evaluator, a court-appointed guardian ad litem or special advocate or any other person who the court deems appropriate. The court will appoint a counsel for the child if it finds that it is for his best interest, and one of those factors include whether the dispute involves allegations of physical, emotional, or sexual abuse of the child. Work with an attorney who is an expert in family law to help the child find the best representation for himself at the hearing.