If your are filing for legal separation, you may ask for spousal support as part of your settlement. Your husband will also be required to pay for child support. Provided that custody will be granted to you, he is obliged to pay for his share of the expenses for your child’s needs. And if you want to go back to Germany with your son, you may need to file for an international move-away permission from the court. Consult with a lawyer who is an expert in family law to find out how you can ensure that the outcome of your separation is favorable to all, especially to your child.