If your mother did not execute a power of attorney or any document for that matter prior to the onset of her dementia, then one possible way for you to rent out, or maybe even sell the house, is by applying for conservatorship of her estate. However, this is a complex process that require the time and court appearances. Look for the right lawyer to consult in this matter and to possibly represent you or whoever you would want to stand as the conservator.