Where you file for modification depends on where the judgment was made. But California may have jurisdiction especially if your daughter has lived in this state and goes to school, essentially making California her home state. You may fill out the Request for Order Form (FL-300), but make sure to consult first with an attorney who is expert in family law before filling it up and filing for the modification of the initial custody judgment.