It is a difficult situation where you want something achieved but you seem to be not getting it. First, speak with your lawyer and ask him exactly why he would refuse to do it the way you told him. He might have a valid response, and since he knows your case more than anybody does, he is in the position to give you the necessary advice. But if you really think that he has no valid excuse, then maybe you should consider changing counsels.