If you are contemplating a divorce or in the midst of one, you should hire the services of an experienced divorce attorney. The attorney can help you with the various issues of your divorce – alimony, property division, child custody, child support and visitation. This section explains the benefits of hiring a divorce attorney, issues to discuss with your divorce attorney, how to find a divorce attorney nearest to you, links to state resources, information on collaborative law process and mediation and links to state forms.
- Do You Need a Divorce Lawyer? : In this section, you’ll learn why you may not need a divorce lawyer, what a lawyer can do for your case, and much more.
- Get Legal Help with Divorce : Learn about how a divorce lawyer can help you and how to find the attorney who’s right for your case.
- Divorce Information by State : Find information on your state’s divorce requirements and download the forms you need to dissolve your marriage.
- Divorce Mediation Overview : In this section, you’ll find information on divorce mediation as an alternative to litigation.
- How Mediation Works : Learn about the mediation process, the advantages of choosing mediation over litigation, how to select the right mediation lawyer, and much more.
- Hiring a Divorce Lawyer : In this section, you’ll find information on what to look for in a divorce lawyer, what questions to ask, and more.