Post Marriage Actions to Take

Once the honeymoon is over, you have to move on with your marriage. There are things you have to do to move on in life. Here’s a check list of what you need to do. Please note that this check list is not all inclusive.

1. Changing the beneficiary details of your life insurance policy to include your spouse
2. Get a new life insurance policy naming your spouse as beneficiary so that financial support will continue even if you are no longer there.
3. Preparing a new will
4. Modify your health and dental insurance policy to include your spouse
5. Notify your auto insurance
6. If you change your name, notify

• Creditors
• Social Security Administration
• Your Bank

7. Apply for new driver’s license with your new name
8. If you have changed your address, notify

• Creditors
• Your Bank

9. Apply for new driver’s license with your new address
10. Open a new account with your spouse

Would you like to discuss your legal matter?


Contact Us RECEPTION (209) 492-9335

Our receptionist will assist in scheduling new and existing clients for all offices. For initial consultations we will ask you a few questions and then find the best time for you to talk to one of the lawyers that best fits your legal matter.

Call us or use the email form and we will follow up with you right away.


The Law Offices of Tom Hogan will provide you with personalized attention and guidance. Protecting your rights is our main objective. We have been representing clients for the past 30 years and our experienced team of attorneys will advise you of the legal consequences of every decision you take.