Never take a divorce lightly. Divorce can be emotionally straining on the spouses and the children. In fact, it can be harder on the children. This section has articles that can help you if you are considering getting a divorce. Besides providing you with information to make an informed decision, this section has information on alternatives to a divorce, the basics of a divorce, custody & visitation rights, alimony & child support, divorce terms, filing for divorce and more useful information. Click on the links to know more:
- What Divorce Can and Cannot Do for You : Learn about the realities of divorce, including division of property disagreements, child custody disputes, and emotional issues.
- A Divorce Timeline : Learn what to expect and when to expect it when you’re facing divorce.
- Annulment Overview : Learn about the consequences of annulment and legal grounds, including mental illness, fraud, lack of consent, intoxication, inability to consummate the marriage, and more.
- Legal Separation : This section offers information and resources on legal separation, including a sample separation agreement and state legal forms.
- Separation vs. Divorce : Learn about the advantages of legal separation and how it differs from divorce.
- Divorce Glossary : In this section, you’ll find a glossary of terms and phrases related to divorce and the divorce process, including legal custody, visitation, interrogatories, mediation, stipulation, equitable distribution, and much more.