Victims of domestic violence can contact many nongovernmental organizations and government agencies for help. This section provides information and links to such organizations as well as information about the law, National Domestic Violence Hotline and the Violence Against Women and Family Violence Program. Please click on the links to know more:
- Where to Turn for Help : Learn about the organizations and hotlines victims of domestic violence can to turn to for help and how to get in touch with them.
- Domestic Violence Organizations : In this section, you’ll find contact information for a number of domestic violence organizations, including the Family Violence Prevention Fund and the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
- Information by State : Learn about your state’s domestic violence laws, victim outreach programs, and the process involved in obtaining a protective orders.
- Domestic Violence Resources : In this section, you’ll find links to a number of organizations working to stop domestic violence and aid victims, including the U.S. Justice Department’s Family Violence Program, the National Domestic Violence Hotline, and more.
- State Forms : In order to obtain a protective order, you’ll need to fill out the appropriate forms and file them in state court.
- Domestic Violence FAQ : Answers to frequently asked questions about domestic violence. Learn about what constitutes domestic violence, legal remedies to abuse, child neglect law, and where to turn if you’ve been the victim of domestic violence.