Being a Guardian: Documents to Gather

If you have been appointed the guardian of a person (adult or minor) you will be responsible for the safety of that person as well as management of that person’s estate. You will need certain documents to be able to manage the estate of that person. This checklist will help you with the documents you will need. Speak to an attorney to understand your legal rights and duties as the guardian.


Guardianship Papers (Y/N)
Power of Attorney (Y/N)
Will (Y/N)
Living Will (Y/N)
Deeds (Y/N)
Trust Documents (Y/N)
Water Rights (Y/N)
Land Grants (Y/N)
Leases (Y/N)
Mortgages (Y/N)
Loans (Y/N)
Bonds (Y/N)
Contracts (Y/N)
Vehicle Titles (Y/N)
Abstract of Title (Y/N)
Tax Notice (Y/N)
Pass Books (Y/N)
Bank Statements (Y/N)
Checkbook Registers (Y/N)
Check Stubs (Y/N)
Canceled Checks (Y/N)
Stock Certificates (Y/N)
IRA Statements (Y/N)
Mutual Fund Statement  (Y/N)
Receipts (Y/N)
Bills (Y/N)
Social Security Documents (Y/N)
Pension Documents (Y/N)
Retirement Papers (Y/N)
Income Tax Returns (Y/N)


Would you like to discuss your legal matter?


Contact Us RECEPTION (209) 492-9335

Click Here to Request a Consultation Via Chat

Our receptionist will assist in scheduling new and existing clients for all offices. For initial consultations we will ask you a few questions and then find the best time for you to talk to one of the lawyers that best fits your legal matter.

Call us or use the email form and we will follow up with you right away.


The Law Offices of Tom Hogan will provide you with personalized attention and guidance. Protecting your rights is our main objective. We have been representing clients for the past 30 years and our experienced team of attorneys will advise you of the legal consequences of every decision you take.