Marriage can and will affect your money, property, assets and debts. This section provides information on how marriage affect property rights, assets and debts, how property is divided if the marriage fails, tax obligations and similar topics. Please click on the links to know more:
- How to Avoid Marriage Money Problems : This article has some useful ideas to help you and your spouse avoid common financial pitfalls in the future.
- Who Owns What in Marital Property? : This article explains the different types of marital property arrangements.
- Sample Financial Statement : Take a look at this sample financial statement to better review you and your partner’s debts and liabilities before getting married — a crucial step that could help you avoid conflicts later on in the marriage.
- Managing Marital Property – Do’s and Don’ts : Learn how to best manage your individual property as well as your marital property in order to avoid arguments with your spouse over financial matters and protect your personal assets.
- What Happens to the Ring in a Broken Engagement? : Read this article to find out what your legal obligations are regarding engagement rings.
- Divorce and Property : Learn about community property law, how divorce can affect your credit, debt division, and more.