Today the developments in medical science offer parents many options to natural conception and pregnancy. The use of surrogate mother so carry implanted embryos and give birth to babies is becoming increasingly common. Both the surrogate mother and the prospective parents must understand the surrogacy laws. This section contains information on surrogacy laws, surrogacy contracts, the role of an attorney and much more. Please click on the links to know more:
- What Is Surrogate Parenthood? : Learn the basics of surrogate parenting in this introductory article.
- Surrogate Mothers : Learn the basic legal issues surrounding surrogate mothers including different types of surrogacy arrangements and what happens once the baby is born.
- Ten Reasons to Use an Attorney: Surrogacy Arrangements : Hiring an attorney when considering a surrogacy arrangement may seem unnecessary, but an attorney can help protect your rights when entering into this delicate arrangement.
- Checklist: Surrogacy Contract : Use this checklist to ensure your agreement has the terms you need.
- Questionnaire: Surrogacy Application : This section has all the questions you need to ask to make sure you’re choosing the right one.
- Child Visitation, Child Custody, and Unmarried Fathers : This article reviews how to start establishing visitation and custody when you haven’t yet established paternity.