Contrary to its name, a living will is not actually a will. To be more precise, it is actually a very important document that states your healthcare wishes in the event you become ill or unconscious and cannot make the decisions yourself. The following sections provide information on what is covered by a living will, and information about questions regarding having a living will, health care directives, and how to choose a healthcare power of attorney.
Learn About Living Will Basics
- Living Wills: Introduction :Learn about the types of healthcare decisions living wills can cover, the differences between living wills and power of attorney, and more.
- Should You Consider a Living Will? : This article provides information on the components of a living will and how a living will can benefit you.
- Sample Living Will Form : This sample form will give you an idea of what living wills involve.
- Power of Attorney, Living Wills, and Advance Directives : Learn about the different forms, how to create each, and their main differences.
- Selecting Your Health Care Agent :This article offers a number of factors to consider when choosing a health care agent.
- Living Will With Designation of Surrogate : Take a look at this sample form to get an idea of what surrogacy entails.