Just like all legal documents, setting up a trust would involve careful planning and administration. Nevertheless, it is still a relatively simple process. It involves transferring of the legal ownership of assets or property of one person or the trustor to a person or institution who would stand as the trustee. Find out more about setting up a trust, what is involved, how it ends, and other important facts through the information provided in the links below.
Learn About Setting Up a Trust
- Trusts: An Overview : This is a summary of the laws governing trusts. Find out how a trust is created and the difference between living and testamentary trusts, transferring assets and more.
- Why Setting Up a Living Trust May Be Unnecessary : Sometimes it is not advisable to set up a trust, depending on certain circumstances. Find out if setting up a trust is right for you.
- Do I Need to Hire a Living Trust Lawyer? : This article provides information and helpful tips in setting up a trust if hiring a lawyer to help you is not an option.
- How Do I Put Money and Other Assets in a Living Trust? : A trust has no value if there are no assets or properties in it. Find out here the different ways in which you may be able to transfer assets to a living trust.
- How Does a Trust End? : Trusts don’t last forever. This article discusses the ways and situations in which a trust may be terminated.
- Types of Trusts : There are several kinds of trust for different purposes. Find out what kind of trust you need for specific situations, and what kind of trust would provide the most help in attaining your intended goal.