Filing an Administrative Claim

There are certain requirements that must be met before pursuing a civil action against an employer in state or federal court. The law requires that an employee exhausts his administrative remedies before filing a lawsuit. Employees in California, should contact the Department of Fair Employment & Housing and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to file a complaint of discrimination, harassment and retaliation against an employer. Submitting an accurate and effective complaint may not be easy. Contact our office for assistance with assessing your complaint and completing the necessary paperwork. An attorney is available to guide you through the process and represent you before the Agency.

Our attorneys can assist you with pursuing claims with the State or Federal Department of Labor concerning unlawful pay practices, such as failure to pay overtime/premium pay, denial of statutory paid sick leave, failure to pay minimum wage and more.

Unemployed and need to file a UI claim? Filing a claim with the Employment Development Department is the first step. If your claim has been denied by the
EDD, you may want to seek our assistance to file an appeal or provide representation at a hearing.

Would you like to discuss your legal matter?


Contact Us RECEPTION (209) 492-9335

Click Here to Request a Consultation Via Chat

Our receptionist will assist in scheduling new and existing clients for all offices. For initial consultations we will ask you a few questions and then find the best time for you to talk to one of the lawyers that best fits your legal matter.

Call us or use the email form and we will follow up with you right away.


The Law Offices of Tom Hogan will provide you with personalized attention and guidance. Protecting your rights is our main objective. We have been representing clients for the past 30 years and our experienced team of attorneys will advise you of the legal consequences of every decision you take.