Attorney Thomas Hogan or Tom to many is a third generation Californian and has been practicing the law for more than 25 years. Prior to passing the California State Bar Exam in 1980, he obtained his JD from the University of California-Hastings College of Law and also holds a license as a CPA. He combines his knowledge of financial matters with his experience in family law, real estate and bankruptcy to provide clients with effective representation. He handles matters as varied as divorce and probate, using his knowledge and experience to resolve client matters quickly and at a reasonable cost.
- How long have you been practicing law?
- Tom:I have been practicing law for over 25 years and I still love it.
- What did you do before you got into law?
- Tom:I was a CPA before I got into law and this experience helps me approach the financial matters in family law, real estate, bankruptcy, and Federal Tax Audits.
- Which office do you work out of most?
- Tom:I mainly work out of the Modesto office but I am involved with all client projects.
- Do you conduct any of the initial consultations?
- Tom:Yes, I do. It’s one of my favorite parts of the process. I am a problem solver and hearing clients explain their matter allows me to approach their matter in a few different ways and strategize best approaches specifically for them.
- What is the percentage of your time spent in litigation?
- Tom:I spend about half my week in litigation.
- Do you do any pro-bono work?
- Tom:Yes, we are selective about this and already help with the Hospice of Modesto and also St. Joseph’s Church.