The Tax Basics section provides general information on specific topics related to taxes, filing of taxes, and other issues. You most likely need to file a federal income tax return each year, unless you have an income that falls below the level for exemption. This section presents guides and tips, as well as important information about the things you need to know in relation to federal taxes.
Learn About Income Tax Basics
- Personal Income Taxes: Overview : This is a general summary on personal income tax laws and clarifications regarding some of the most common misconceptions.
- Tax Basics: A Beginner’s Guide to Taxes : This article provides a summary of basic information that beginners need to know on taxes.
- Paying Estimated Taxes : Paying of estimated taxes is required of those people who are either self-employed, shareholder in an S corporation or in partnership.
- Top Tax Myths Debunked : There are so many misinformation and myths that have been circulating about taxes. This article talks about the most common myths and the truth in relation to the myths.
- The IRS and Your Rights : A general information regarding the taxpayer’s rights, such as the right to challenge owed taxes and an audit or how personal taxpayer can be used.
- How to Set Up a Payment Plan with the IRS : Sometimes it may not be possible to pay your tax bill all at once. This article provides some information on how to make an arrangement with the IRS for payments of your taxes that would best suit your situation.