It is always advisable to contact the IRS as soon as possible if you have any problems in paying your taxes on time or in full. The IRS provides different ways to help the agency in collecting unpaid taxes from notices, to installment agreements, up to the worse scenario of either: wage garnishment, liens, or repossession of properties.
Find out more information of the IRS’ collection process and interest and penalties for late payment and other violations.
Learn About Tax Collections and Debt
- Penalties and Interest : Take a look at the different penalties and interests that the IRS imposes for late payment of tax. Read about how you can avoid getting penalized when it comes to the payment of your federal taxes.
- Receiving a Tax Bill from the IRS : You may be confused on what to do if you receive a bill from the IRS. Find out what steps you should take and how to understand what’s on the bill; and understand more about what you need to do if you believe that there is a mistake in the bill.
- Tax Penalties: Quick Reference Guide : Find out the different penalties are imposed by the IRS on a taxpayer for not filing a return or paying income tax correctly and on time.
- The IRS Collection Process : This gives you a glimpse on how the IRS collection process happens and in what order and other important information regarding IRS collection.
- Wage Garnishment FAQ : This may be a common term that people know, but a lot don’t fully understand—wage garnishment. Get information here on what wage garnishment is and other related topics.
- Statute of Limitations for Back Taxes Liability : Until when can the IRS take an action regarding the collection of back taxes? Find out here.